Wednesday 9 February 2011

Outcasts, episodes 1 & 2

I’ve got pretty mixed feelings about this new sci-fi series. Obviously, there’ll be some spoilers below for those who intend to watch it but haven’t yet.

The Bad

I was a bit annoyed that the best character in the show got shot and killed so early on.

Dialogue could generally be a bit sharper.

It took me a while to think of what the first two episodes were missing, and then it came to me: not enough action. I don’t mind slow and steady plots and building up to a point, but there should be more gunfights, explosions and so on.

Subtlety, mystery and intrigue are great, but there’s no need for almost everyone to have a mysterious past, or for there to be a conspiracy behind every door.

The Good

I like the chap who plays President Tate, and the banter between Jack and Cass.

Although I’d’ve preferred someone else to be killed, I do like the fact that main cast members might end up dead.

The storylines so far are decent enough, albeit a little lacking in fiery explosive death.

So, what next?

Well, there is plenty of scope for improvement but I thought the first episodes were ok and will definitely watch the next. A little less mystery and a little more murdering would go down nicely. It’s a bit lacklustre, and in need of a big dose of excitement.

Thaddeus

No comments:

Post a Comment